Constructing an Isosceles Trapezoid
Play the construction below and follow the steps. Then practice your
construction on the drawing pad.
(1) Draw points A and B
(2) Draw a segment from A to B
(3) Draw point C
(4) Draw a segment from B to C. This will be one of the bases.
(5) Construct the PERPENDICULAR BISECTOR of segment BC. This is the
SYMMETRY LINE of the trapezoid.
(6) Reflect point A over the Perpendicular Bisector. It will be called
(7) Draw a segment from A to A'
(8) Draw a segment from C to A'
(9) Hide the Perpendicular bisector
Which sides are congruent?
Which sides are parallel?
Phelps, Created with GeoGebra